Saturday, May 23, 2009

Habakkuk

The higher, overarching purposes of God is an area much too difficult to fully comprehend with the human imagination. The way God works in His universe is high and incomprehensible. Amazingly, He fully reserves this right. It is the right of God to govern His world according to His desires. My recent study and reflection on Habakkuk has produced in me a deeper appreciation for the book. The prophet questions the working of God in the world and God responds by defending His justice. At the culmination of the book, the prophet excercises faith in the purposes of God.

I will be speaking this Sunday on the book of Habakkuk and plan to get deeper with future posts. Read through the book in one sitting.

3 comments:

Aaron Cline Hanbury said...

Yo. I'm looking forward to reading a deeper explanation of Habakkuk's story from you. Also, you have to link the PM3 of your teaching, if you preach on Habakkuk in a couple weeks.

P D Conrad said...

yeah i may put that up. pray for me this sunday that i will not be just making a sermon.

Luke Harding said...

Paul where can i get the podcast of this sunday from cavary bapist??? I want to hear you speak son. I will put it up on my blog and then I am sure John Piper will listen to it since he frequents my blog!!!